Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Mage!

Finally! Now I get to talk about my mage.... as for screenshots of him- that'll have to wait.

I play Horde side, and my main (at the moment- I switch mains a lot) is a level 52 Blood Elf Mage. I have been playing on him for a while, and have been leveling with a Pally friend, so I never lack for a meatshield err....... tank. While he gains aggro and does his best to burst down the mobs, I reign upon it with Fire, Frost or Arcane spells. It's nice.

My mage has both Herbalism and Mining (I turn with my mouse and key-bind my abilities, so it's easy to change them quickly) I'll admit, my professions have been shafted for a while- I have Herbalism at 257 and Mining at 167 so I have some work to do later. Providing my auctions come in later today, I should have over 600g which is nice.

I have mucked around with all the specs for leveling- I was specced Frost for levels 10-33, which was alright- I ran outta mana fairly quickly, and it seemed to take forever to kill a mob- taking on a bunch of mobs at once was awesome I'll admit.

I was Fire from levels 33-38- It was only slightly less mana efficient than Frost- and killing a single mobs was so fast! If I pulled more than one, Polymorph was used.

After patch 3.0, I specced Arcane from 38-44. With the changes in 3.0 I had 80% of my mana regen while casting, and with some talent changes I was able to Frostbolt a mob, followed by Arcane Missles, then Frost Nova, more Arcane Missles, a Fireblast and the mob was down. With clearcasting procs, I only needed to evocate every 5 minutes (evocations new cooldown) and I was able to kill non-stop. I had massive amounts of mana and was questing extremely efficiently- I forgot about Polymoprh though and ended up speccing Frost form 44-52 so I could kill multiple mobs.... Then I remembered I had Polymorph.

I'm Arcane again and it is most excellent- While AOE grinding was awesome, I feel I can quest faster, so I get faster leveling. I can't wait to get Arcane Barrage at 60, which should make my rotation much more enjoyable.

Sadly, I feel the need to take a small break from my mage- I burn out on characters too quickly- I plan to get him to 55 on Friday, and get Lich King on Saturday so I muck around with the Death Knight. If I get bored with him, then I have a level 11 Tauren Warrior to play with- then when I muck around with them, I'll probably end up going back to my mage.

'Coz nuking stuff to death is probably my favourite thing

-Eric

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude; Dad -- I'd like to see some evaluation, in the form of personal critique, with regard to not only WoW but other on-line games you've researched. Don't know if it's in scope of the class context but I know you've done extensive research and would be interested to see it posted. Cheers...

Eric J said...

Heya, while it would be nice to do so, that ain't teh topic of my blog at the moment- I try my best to look at my mage and stuff- that does soudn good though, maybe after the course at school is over