Friday, November 14, 2008

Looking closer at Arcane

Since I don't have screenies of my character as of yet, this won't be a post on that, which is fairly obvious...Instead, I think I'll explain my spec at the moment for leveling (which is Arcane) and why I love it.

Let's start with my glyphs- First, I have Glyph of Mage Armour, which means my Mage Armour grants me 50% of my normal mana regen while casting (stacked with my talent to increase mana regen while casting by 30%, for a grand total of 80% of mana regen while casting). I also have Glyph of Evocation, which restores 60% of my health as well as my mana. With all of that, I barely have to drink at all, which is very nice.

As for my talents- well as is obvious I have the one for mana regen (I can't remember what it's called). I have Arcane Stability, which means I don't get pushback on my Arcane Missiles, I have clearcasting, giving me a 10% chance on each damaging spell to make the next one cost no mana. I have Torment the Weak, meaning my Arcane Missiles do 12% more damage to snared targets, I have a talent which increases my Intellect by 15%, one that increases my Spellpower by 15% of my intellect (can't remember what either of them are called). I have Prescence of Mind (Next Spell with a cast time of less than 10 seconds is instant), I have Arcane Empowerment, which increases the damage of my Arcane Missiles off a % of my spellpower (can't remember how much), I have Slow (Make the target move 60% slower, attack 60% slower and cast 60% slower, so it counts as a snare). I am finishing up Missile Barrage at the moment (At the end, it gives me a 20% chance to channel Arcane Missiles much faster- it procs off certain spells).

If you read through that semi-wall of text, then well done to you :P

Why am I not specced Fire or Frost- Mana efficiency mainly. As Frost, killing single mobs felt slow and somewhat mana intensive, and for Fire it was just mana intensive. With Polymorph, I can take up to 3 mobs my level and expect to come out alive (especially if they are caster mobs). I will admit to having trouble with bow-using mobs, but I don't run into them often so that is nice (I hate Naga.... a lot, Murlocs too!).

Next time I'll post screenies and stuff, I swear!

Image from http://orderofhasson.com/images/site/icon_mage.gif

Quick edit here: I'll link my spec later, it'll probably go all the way up to 80, but it should be obvious when and where I put my points

-Eric

No comments: